There are a number of residency routes available for Non-EU citizens, which grant the holder the right to live in Spain if they are able to fulfill the respective application requirements. Each Visa option offers their own benefits, but there are some key differences in what you are permitted to do whilst residing in Spain in each case.

Golden Visa

The Golden Visa is ideal for Non-EU citizens which plan to purchase property in Spain of €500,000 or more.

The Golden Visa offers great advantages for both property investors and their family, since it permits investors freedom of movement within the 26 countries of the European ‘Schengen Zone.’ It also allows investors and their family the right to work and do business in Spain, which isn’t an option through some of the other VISA routes.

There is currently no minimum stay period within the Spanish territory, but the holder of the Golden VISA must travel at least once to Spain during the period preceding each annual renewal. After 10 years of holding a Golden Visa, there is the option of applying for Spanish citizenship, so long as you have lived for at least 6 months per year in Spain during the 10 years.

Contact us for the full criteria and process for the Golden Visa ➞

Non-Lucrative VISA

A Non-Lucrative Visa (NLV) is a visa which can be compared to a residency permit in Spain for non-Europeans citizens who wish to spend more than 90 days in Spain within every 180 days

This Visa is ideal for those who might be thinking of retiring in Spain, or spending their time between countries, but bear in mind that this kind of Visa does not be permit any economic or professional and therefore not suitable if you were planning to work. The NLV is quite appealing in that unlike the Golden Visa, you do not have to make any investment to qualify. However, you will need to demonstrate that you have the financial capacity to support yourself and your family in Spain for at least one year without working and have the insurance in place to cover your medical expenses.

Contact us for the full criteria and process for the NLV ➞

Student Visa

If you are a Non-EU or Swiss citizen and wish to study in one of Spain’s world class universities or take part in a student exchange programme, then you will need a Student Visa if your course is longer than 90 days.

We can help you apply for your Student Visa and manage the application through the Spanish embassy or consulate in the home country of the student.

Before you can apply for a Student Visa, applicants will first need to be offered a place on a course at a recognised educational institution. The application needs to be submitted between two to three months before travelling to Spain to allow plenty of time for the visa paperwork to be processed. Student Visa holders are permitted to work part time up to 20 hours per week whilst they are in possession of a valid student Visa. The exact documentation required varies for each application. This depends on the consulate, the application’s individual circumstances, the course that is going be taken and the duration that is required.

Contact us for the full criteria and process for the Spanish Student Visa ➞